Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Zanotti Un0 80 that once the evaporator reaches…

Customer Question
I have a Zanotti Un0...
I have a Zanotti Un0 80 that once the evaporator reaches 40-43 degrees it'll begin to defrost, run for a minute then stop, then run normally for a minute then it will begin defrosting again. It'll keep defrosting and the temperature won't go down past 50. The evaporator won't go down past 40.
The unit has been properly evacuated and recharged with the proper amount of refrigerant. We disconnected one of the thermostats that's bolted on the evaporator and the unit will work great and the temperature will go down to 0, but by doing that the defrost does not work nor can it be manually initiated. We already replaced that same thermostat, but it did the defrost loop once it was installed.
Thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 3 days by:
12/7/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 7 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy