Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How do you get the hydraulic cylinder apart on a ac 7000.

Customer Question
How do you get...

How do you get the hydraulic cylinder apart on a ac 7000. removed c clip and am able to spin it but can't figure out how to disassemble the cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried to turn it out thinking maybe it was threaded together and I've tried to pry it apart.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that I've never disassemble this type of a cylinder before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/4/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

See if you can't tap the gland in, and find there is another inner snap ring that has to come out!

I this the three point cylinder or loader cylinder?

its actually the cylinder for the steering on the right front wheel.

Did you try tapping the gland back into the barrel and see if there is another inner ring? I can't find the book on the tractor.

Did you try tapping gland back into the cylinder? Can you attach a picture of the cylinder using the tree or paperclip attaching link.

I'll try but it'll be a couple days before I work on it again..

OK< thanks.