Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I want to wire some LED moodlighting into my 2012

Customer Question
I want to wire...

I want to wire some LED moodlighting into my 2012 Freightliner Cascadia OPT 2 Switch which is located in the center console of the dash, just not sure how to wire the switch. There is already power wires that run to it, but nothing is hooked up to it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2012 Freightliner Cascadia 1FJUJGLDR0CLBL3415

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that im aware of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
These switches apparently run on the simplex system so not sure what that means. I guess there is a jumper somewhere?
12/4/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Unless your truck was pre wired and programmed for optional output power from the optional switches, a Freightliner dealer will have to program the switch to work as this system is multiplexed where all switches and circuits are programmed through a SAM cab chassis module. It is not as easy as running a new circuit like things once were long ago. One wrong wiring mistake could damage a SAM module, etc. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Hello,I see this is still open with no response from you. Would a call be easier for you? Ill send over the offer to get that set up. I am trying to close out my open questions and get them resolved. If you have resolved this please let me know. Im not an employee of the site and my time is valuable as is yours. The site only credits me a portion of the question value on accepted answers and positive feedback. I see neither has happened here. I took the time to post and research this information for you. Could you do the same for me?Take the time to either post a response with a status or leave a rating if your problem is resolved? It's been a pleasure to help.