Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Regen issue. Isx Cummings won't regen, tried force regen…

Customer Question
Regen issue. Isx Cummings won't...
Regen issue. Isx Cummings won't regen, tried force regen that didn't work either. Just had head replaced and Some sensors replaced. Not sure if that is the issue.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/3/2017
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 7 months ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** Cane we start with the engine serial number please?

Driver just got truck to regen for about 40 minutes. Light still on
I do not have engine # on me at the moment . 2010 Peterbilt 386 IsX
Just had brand new head put it

ok thanks for the info and sorry for the delay ... my internet was down an just got it up and running again . I will look it up for you .

Please do not forget to rate my service to you and again , sorry for the delay !

you recommend I change sensors on the catalysts. I also was recommended by a friend on the doser injector to be replaced. I assume it is completely covered in soot. It has never been changed.
Truck ran a regen for about 40 minutes. Light continued to stay on then went away about 30 minutes later. Not sure what to think

Well how often is it asking to do a parked regen ? How often is light coming on ?

First time in about 8 months.

Ok and you've done a parked regen and it took about 40 minutes ? and now the light is gone ?

driver did a parked regen. It was not engaging this morning. Would stay on about 2 minutes and shut off. But for some reason he stopped to fuel parked and tried it one more time and it stayed on for about 40 minutes. Light stayed for about 30 minutes down the road and shut off after that.

Or did your engine light come on after trying to do this parked regen . If it did , you need to follow the two links i sent you

Ok thanks for the info ! Sounds like you need to follow those links to understand what is going on and follow the steps to make sure you have no further trouble with this

It sounds like it cleared itself out going down the road but that doesn't mean there is no more problem . You should still have a llook at this and follow the steps in the links I provided to find out exactly which component is failing .

Is there anything else I can help you with ? If we are done, please do not forget to rate my service to you . Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours !

Please do not forget to accept my answer and rate my service to you ! Otherwise I receive nothing for my time and efforts on here. Thank you !

Are you still there ?

Hello ... Are you still needing help ? Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end. Thanks