Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I Have the same code on 2012 volvo spn 4094 fmi 1 checked…

Customer Question
I Have the same code...
I Have the same code on 2012 volvo spn 4094 fmi 1 checked and cleand def injector.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/1/2017
Technician: Eurotruck72, workshop foreman replied 8 months ago
Eurotruck72
Eurotruck72, workshop foreman

It might be the engine throws out to much NOx to begin with. Please check for leaking turbo-intercooler hoses, Egr system or dirty air filter. Does it start as quick as it always did? Leaking injectors make it start bad and can give this code.

I will try that what about nox sensors
Starts good air filter good egr seems good. It called for a park regen 2 times in a week and the soot gauge was on the low end now says scr is in evaluation
code returns in about 2 min after cleared or started wont let me park regen temporary lockout

Your code indicates bad SCR efficiency, not a DPF (soot filter)problem but the regen (is for the DPF not the SCR) twice a week is probably related. Maybe the SCR cat is clogged with soot or DEF crystals, that could cause this code. Can you see in the chamber where the def nozzle injects? Check for soot or DEF crystals. If possible run the engine without the dpf and check for smoke, it should only smoke a little bit, a dpf can not clean a heavily smoking engine.

Maybe the DEF fluid is of bad quality and as you said maybe a bad NOx sensor but both are not likely.

Have you come closer to the problem yet?

Please click accept if my advise was of help

have not had a chance to look yet thank you
Can I bench teat a nox sensor?

Without a diagnostic tool you can't test the NOx sensor. It measures the NOx and reports back to the ECu by can- bus. If there wasn't communication it would give that error and not the one you got. If you have a diagnostic tool you could test the def injector. You can make it inject a certain amount and then check if it did the correct amount. That would be the first test I would do now. Then try a test drive while looking at the values of the NOx sensor and see what they are measuring and if it show stable values and higher values at the entrance.

I checked the def nozzle amount and it passed using a snap on pro link. I can not see the knock sensor. Cleared codes, now I get code #PSID 90-FMI 14 AFT SCR feed back control status.
sorry cant see the NOX sensors

Did you need to clean the nozzle tip first or did it work right away? Probably worked fine, then I think the SCR cat needs cleaning.The code means low efficiency of SCR kat. Probably the SCR cat itself is not working correctly. Mostly that happens after a turbo failure or something like that. Did you have an issue recently? Have it cleaned by a professional company. You can buy all kinds of DPF/SCR cleaning sprays and liquids for it or dip it in accid but its beter done by experts.