Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2007 GMC topkick c5500. The other day one of the…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 GMC...
I have a 2007 GMC topkick c5500. The other day one of the guys was driving it, shut it off and it wouldn't restart, it had no power to the cab. Finally got it to start then driving down the road lost all power and died. Finally got it back to the shop and it had no power again, pushed it in the shop and right as we almost had it in the lights all came on and it fired up and ran fine. Problem now is with it working where should I start to try to locate the problem?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/30/2017
Technician: expertsteve,
 replied 4 months ago
expertsteve

is the vehicle lacking all electric power?

it does have a slight power on one light but not full power
the only lights that are slightly illuminated are the regen light, and a light in the center of the dash - over the hump
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have already found the problem and repaired it. I looked through trying to close the question but I couldn't find a way to close it out. Thanks
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson