Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 07 argosy that step won’t open on and it doesn’t…

Customer Question
I have a 07...

I have a 07 argosy that step won’t open on and it doesn’t even show on the dash that it’s not opening or not opening if you know what I mean

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Freightliner argosy 2007 with a cat c15

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where can I get a detailed schematic for the wiring for the step from

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/30/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me a few to pull up some info to help.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Possible causes are:
· The parking brake is not set.
· The vehicle is in motion. The stairs will automatically
retract if the vehicle begins to move.
· There is weight on the stairs.
· The cab is tilted.
· The stairs come in contact with an obstruction.
· The button or rocker switch is pressed.

Check the door switch, also, on the controller, when the park brake is set, it should send a ground signal to PIN j2 of the Driver and passenger side door step module. IF it does not send this ground signal, the door step module will not know the park brake is set and it will not let the steps swing open.
No ground at J2 with the park brakes set, then the switch is either bad, or an open in the circuit.
Try supplying a ground to PIN J2 of the controller for test purposes.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Click below for the diagram to help

Troubleshooting

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.