Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have an older manual pallett jack, I need new bearings and…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older manual pallett jack, I need new bearings and load wheels.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is so old that the label has faded. my problem is that i am having trouble getting the wrist pins (axle for each wheel) out of the Brackets holding them to the Pallett jack. I have removed the roll pins on both wheels (4 of them), But they just don't want to come out. Can you instruct me on how to remove the load wheel axles?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to remove the axles, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/29/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Once the roll pins are out, it is a hammer and punch job to remove the axles from the unit. The axle will be stuck in the wheels and the load brackets.