Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Thanks < I have a problem in a caterpillar engine C10,

Customer Question
Thanks < I have...

Thanks < I have a problem in a caterpillar engine C10, because the engie lost the RPM

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

This engine is installed in a peterbilt truck, (oilfield equipment, coiled tubing unit)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/29/2017
Technician: go-west.., Technician replied 7 months ago
go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Good evening
You have a code for lost of rpm?
Can I get some more details?
Can I get the esn?
I can't read any flash code, sometimes is working good and suddenrly RPM fall,tris equipment has 2 signal for to throthle engine, 1 in he cabin truck am the other in the cabina control equipment ,from the cabin control equipment is working very good always , but i can' t to move the truck because the RPM they aré low whit the truck si running
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Does the throttle respond at all to the TPS and will it reach full RPM? Or is this just the idle is low? Check engine light on? What is the current idle RPM and is there any smoke or missfire?