Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2000 freithtline old school bus won't start after…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 freithtline old school bus won't start after setting over 9 m0

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Will have to get back to you on that it does have a Mercedes Benz motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my self. Was going to use starting flow but see tag that said it has a on line manifold heater.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/26/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. MBE 900/4000? OM460LA? etc? Also what fault codes are you getting?

Hi Dan this i Dave the bus is a 2002 freithtline diesel VIN is 4UZAAXCT12CJ5770 model FS65 the code on dash cu128 -400 I think is has a Mercedes Benz mbe900 I think.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for the update, ECU 128 is for an engine fault which designates engine ECU. I will need all the other numbers/letters after the 128 for the actual fault code. Let me know

Code is ECU 128 I have the bus in a garage about 1 mi away so takes me a little bit to get back to you.the bus ran fine when I shut it off about 9 mo ago.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, 128 is not the fault code it means engine ECU has detected a fault and logged it in memory. You need scroll through to the next screen to get the fault code numbers or plug in a scan tool. Most Frieghtliners have a mode/reset switch to press and hold to scroll through fot the faults and diagnostic screen and menus. Let me know

Hi Dan the code I see is D L A G ICU-140 when cranking over.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Icu 140 is the message identifier for the instrument cluster. The fault codes are accessed by scan tool or by scrolling the next screen

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson