Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Please, my new skid steer (400 hours) suddenly stop working.

Customer Question
Please, my new skid...

Please, my new skid steer (400 hours) suddenly stop working. The error code is 1051

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

L218 skid steer, I don't have the serial number on me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, trying to fix it myself, checked all fluids, and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was driving it and then it suddenly came to a complete stop. I had to take the front door off to get out of it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
the book says the can is not connecting with engine
11/26/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. CAN faults can be very difficult to troubleshoot especially without the diagnostic software. Check all your fuses and relays as well as your battery and charging system for problems. If okay and the cables and connections are okay look for a loss of voltage from the Ignition switch and wiring harness and inspect the harness for any loose, damaged, or corroded connector pins and wiring. Be sure to check all grounds. Let me know

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.