Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I recently retuned my MP8 deleted the DPF and egr and gave…

Customer Question
I recently retuned my...

I recently retuned my MP8 deleted the DPF and egr and gave it 48 more hp it now doesn't want to pull can hardly make 100 km per hour loaded

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

09 CHU Mack with a MP8 485

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to Mack dealer compression is good fuel pressure good brand new ECM did complete check and everything ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the primary fuel filter doesn't seem to have an inch of fuel in it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/25/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Was the DPF and EGR deleted and programmed to work for a while and then after trying to retune or adjust things it started acting up or did this happen when the delete was done?

It was done when it had a bad turbo we replaced the turbo and mack accidently reprogramed it to stock we then drove approx 2 hours to have it retuned with the new turbo thats when we lost power it worked great with the screwed turbo
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

where did you have the initial reprogramming done for the delete? that is who will need to correct the programming issues now unless the truck is going to be put back stock.

you think the program is to blame
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

If directly after their work then yes if that was the only change they made. If fuel supply/system is good and the turbo is calibrated and new the only other thing I know that can effect your response is a VSS sensor issue loosing VSS signal or a TPS issue. It does not sound like you are getting any fault codes but if they reflashed this to OEM settings it will be looking for the EGR and DPF components.