Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 20es on propane, it runs fine for about 60 sec then…

Customer Question
I have a 20es...

I have a 20es on propane, it runs fine for about 60 sec then electronically shuts itself off. No oil pres. on gauge but engine seems to have oil pressure as it runs very smooth without any noise of lifters or sounds of engine without oil pressure. When it shuts itself off the over crank lite comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sn;G950581122 Model 20ES Spec. 76521G

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine runs very, very good and very quite and no sounds of low oil pres. wondering where the oil pressure sending unit on engine is located. all I can find is a wire going into the bell housing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/26/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 6 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have a feeling either the oil pressure sending unit is not transmitting or the gauge is faulty. I cannot find any place where a sending unit for oil pressure is able to be viewed. I have viewed in back side of panel where the oil pressure gauge is located and the signal of pressure is transmitted by electrical wire but no send unit is found on exterior of engine. again the engine has absolutely no character signs of an engine without oil pressure, it starts readily and runs like a new engine. Should I mention the unit only has 345 hours on what looks like the original hour meter. I do see a wire going into the engine bell housing and have no idea what that wire could be for, other than possibly a sending unit in between the flywheel and back of the motor to read oil pressure from there.
I will call you when I have the time to sit and understand what your advice is and at that time I can do the rating thing as I cannot figure out how to do that at this time.Probably be able to call tomorrow around this time. Thanks Jeremy and looking forward to our conversation.
Jeremy, well of course I'd want someone who is proficient in my type of genset so as I can have an expert opinion on my problem. I don't ask a carpenter to explain on the fine art sewing and I don't want advice from someone that hasn't any knowledge on my specific problem. I have enough mechanical ability to be able to explain my problem and to understand the advice givin by your expert. Can you steer me to an expert on this type of genset? If you need more information just ask.
Thank you,
Len Mosher

I'll opt out ad load this back on the board.

I work on many gensets, just not this one. A lot of them are similar so people are comfortable in doing the common troubleshooting steps that are the same for all the gensets, but you want someone that knows it specifically, so I will opt out as requested.