Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My truck have code 216 and sometimes show the engine light…

Customer Question
My truck have code...

My truck have code 216 and sometimes show the engine light and stop the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Code-sfu- 164

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I just want to know what is the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes I driving and the engine light came on the red one and the truck stop I leave it for 5 minutes and start again after a 5 or 10 miles stop the engine again

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Is a freightliner Cascade 2008
I have some leaking smoke close to the engine some pipe between engine and the turbo.
11/25/2017
Technician: go-west.., Technician replied 7 months ago
go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Good evening
When the key is on and the engine is off, please scroll down and get me all the codes off the diag screen on the odometer display 164 tells me that you have a switch fault on the dash, this won't cause of the engine to shut down.
Will need some more info from you.
The engine shuts down after driving a couple of miles and when I push down on the accelator nothing happens. Then I pull over and shut off the engine for about 5 minutes and then the problem is gone for a couple of miles again. When the problem starts up the red light for the shut down engine comes on and so does the check engine light.

when that happens

please pull over and get the codes out of your dash and i will source the numbers

Low coolant or a (bad sensor Low coolant)can cause this

Good morning
Any luck?
Hello?