Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How can I diagnose if the fuel system on a Hino FC 2002

Customer Question
How can I diagnose...

How can I diagnose if the fuel system on a Hino FC 2002 truck is sucking in air , motor is cutting out at low revs. Injectors and injection pump have been overhauled 6 months ago suspect lift pump , thankyou.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Hino jhdfc3jllxxx10360

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to replace pump if problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/24/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Engine should have a primer pump before the injection pump. Everything before the primer pump is the suction part of the fuel system and is the only place air can be sucked in. Everything after the primer is under pressure and would only show as a fuel leak, So you need to examine everything from the tank outlet , up to the primer pump.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago

I see the question is still open?