Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I've got a 3126 motor in chevy c6500 that's sat for probably…

Customer Question
I've got a 3126 motor...
I've got a 3126 motor in chevy c6500 that's sat for probably 8 months, just recently got running pulled up to house and shut it off, came back to start and just turned over. Tried cranking for a while but wouldn't fire, changed all fuel, flushed lines, drained and refilled filters and same thing. Truck fires on ether but not on fuel. Just now realized that plunger was leaking, pulled off and had friend crank over. The fuel that enters the filter housing only kind of dribbles the fuel out, not spitting it out. I don't have a pressure gauge on me or a new plunger and gasket but does that seem normal, to dribble out instead of stream out.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/23/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Plunger on the fuel primer pump? Fuel has to be pumped and has to be air free. A leaking primer would not let fuel be free of air, and would cause no start. Repair primer, prime the system and it should run.

Does the primer always stay hard after being pumped up. I tried turning over earlier and went back to pump it and it was soft again, does this mean it is sucking air in?

t should be somewhat hard, but will never be solid, unless the fuel line is blocked!

Ok I'll give it a shot, just wanted to get some clarification, thanks

OK>

I see the question is still open?