Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My question is about a crown wp model electric pallet jack.

Customer Question
Good evening! My question...

Good evening! My question is about a crown wp model electric pallet jack. I am having issues with it not wanting to move at full speed. Sometimes it will move just fine and then others times it will

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Move at very slow speed. I am not sure about model number but I beleive the serial number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes if I push the up or down button it will start move at normal speed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Is it the raise and lower that is running slow?

No it is when you move the jack. Sometime it will move at normal speed and then other times it will move very slow.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the update, there should be a model number after the WP so I can look into the proper manual. Let me know. Happy Thanksgiving as well tony to you and yours.

I will hopefully be able to get that to you when I return to the office tomorrow. Thank you and Happy Thankshiving to you as well!
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thank you and that will be just fine. Follow up with you then.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

What are you getting for fault codes?

I am not getting any fault codes. Do I need a special machine or tool to get them? If not how do I check to determine what fault codes I am getting?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Look for the digital display in the center of the gauge. That is where yo access faults if you have the computer. Let me know

Dan I don't not have a computer to give me the fault codes. I have sent you a pic of the digital display.
Dan I have atttached some pics of the wire harness for the handle. In the one picture if you look closely you will see a piece of a paper clip bridging two of the terminals. Should this be like that? When I took it out the jack would not move but when I put it back in it would move
Here is a pic of the digital display without the cover and pics of the wire harness.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi Tony, Your photo did not come through for some reason. Try again.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the photos. It looks like some damage on one of the wires ( Red /White) . I would correct any damaged wiring and look for corrosion and damage in the wiring harness. Also verify the switches are functioning properly as if you can manipulate the switches to get it to work intermittently it points to a possible worn switch with poor contacts inside. You can do a resistance check with an OHM meter and also confirm you have good voltage in the batteries as well. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

I see the damage to the(Red/White) wire that you are referring to. Should that piece of the paper clip that is bridging the two be in there?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

That wire yes but a small paperclip uninsulated on a power circuit, no

Ok so it is suppose to be bridged by a wire not a paper clip. I will make the change. Thank you!! I will follow up with you if I have anymore questions or issues. Hopefully this will take care of the issues that I am having.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi Tony... I see there is a longer jumper wire which looks factory but the paperclip would not be. I have a feeling someone used the paperclip to bypass and jump power to try to correct an already existing problem. Someone already had their hands in this before you.