Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a thermo king tripac evolution apu.Truck has been…

Customer Question
I have a thermo...

I have a thermo king tripac evolution apu.Truck has been sitting for 3 days.Went out to start,heard alarm from apu inverter controller under bunk.Red fault on,code AL 0 and AL1 are flashing.Apu will not start from HMI controller.Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Will have to get it it.Sorry.Will try again when I have it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Apu serial #-HTG1021508

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me a moment to pull up some info for you.

Ok
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

00 No Alarms Exist No action required. 01 Microprocessor Power Up Reset No action required

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

By chance are there any others?

EO 5
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Have you tried bleeding the fuel system and verified you have good fuel supply? I would start there and also let me know if there is signs of smoke while cranking indicating it is getting fuel.

It won't crank
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Test for power to the starter signal wire to engage the starter and if there is power there but not response from the starter it will be a starter issue but if there is not power there it is an ignition circuit or controller problem

I am not able to do these diagnostics. Thanks for your time,the problem remains unchanged.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Would you not be able to get a test light or volt meter from a Wal mart or auto parts store?

It is a company truck under warranty.I was trying to avoid a trip to a dealer.Thought maybe a quick reset would do it.Guess not.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, Thanks for the update. Yes, this would be a warranty claim.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.