Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have 2008 international with a maxxforce dt engine having

Customer Question

Hi I have 2008 international with a maxxforce dt engine having problems when revving the engine it acts like it's starving for fuel I've replaced the o rings on the lines to my low pressure fuel pump checked lines for leaks engine starts fine and idle fine what could be the problem
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 12 months ago.

hi im alex, could i have the last 8 of your vin please

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
8A641132
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No signs of bubbles in the fuel canister and also replaced the low pressure fuel pump

thank you, ***** ***** checked fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I checked it whith the scan tool fuel pressure was above 50psi
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Maybe I need to get a pressure reading with a gauge

yes i would check with a gauge at the fuel rail

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok I'll have to get back with u when I get a chance to check it out I'm not around the bus at the moment wont get back to it till Saturday I filled the canister with fuel and it leaks back down past the line that comes from the low pressure fuel pump this is a new complete fuel canister also checked ebp sensor , new mat sensor and new map sensor also it does not flash any codes either
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hey Alex and when I checked fuel pressure what are the readings suppose to be on the fuel rail and do I check it from the schrader valve that's above the intake manifold
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hey alex I replaced the fuel canister again and the bus started and idle fine rev the rpms several times but after a while I rev the engine again after letting it run for about 20 minutes rev it up and ease off the accelerator the engine died started right back up and the same response after about 4 times it now cranks and wont start
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** Have we checked for fault codes? Some codes do not turn on the engine lamp but may be the issue. Here is the procedure:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/878y9jy4bxlmy3n/optional%20fault%20code%20retrieval.txt?dl=0

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

The readings on the fuel rail at the schrader valve should be a steady 60 psi throughout all ranges ( low idle , high idle no load and full load ). There should also be no aeration in the fuel there either. If there is , it could be coming from the suction side or it could also be a loose fuel injector ( combustion leaking into the fuel rail inside the head )