Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have volvo truck 4V4Nc9RJ41N311503, model and serial no:

Customer Question
I have volvo truck...

I have volvo truck 4V4Nc9RJ41N311503, model and serial no : DDS60 430/ 500HP

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

I think it is 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnect the battery for 30 min and it starts and run properly then all of a sudden service light at transmission panel blinks (red) and on dashboard it say transmission problem stop, gear does not shift except some times if i take rpm to 2200 than it changes to relevant gear and stucks on that gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they r alright

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some times i leave it for few hours and it get ok automatically

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 2 days by:
11/24/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are the fault codes you have logged in the ECM memory? We can follow up as needed.

unbale to cummunicate during the pronlem after words nothing
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the update. Is this ans Eaton auto shift? What is the make and model transmission from the ID tag??

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If not please let me know the transmission model you have so I can provide you the details you need to troubleshoot this properly