Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wayne, Wonder if you can supply me labor time standards to…

Customer Question
Wayne, Wonder if...

Wayne, Wonder if you can supply me labor time standards to perform a 250, 500, 750 & 1,000 hour service 972H, D8R, 349E, D6R, and 777D machines?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I am looking for several, I will look them up and reply to you in just a few minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am that should be all I need. 992G wheel loader, AZX00337 & AZX00577, D6R dozer - AAX00671, D8R Dozer - 7XM03109, 972H wheel loader - A7D01056, D350E articulated truck - 9LR00265, 773D dump truck - 7ER00592, 775D dump truck - 7XJ00314. Thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/20/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 9 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Thank you for requesting me

This is going to take a bit to look up

hang tight

Ok, great, Thank you for checking on it for me.

Hi

I am so sorry but I can not help with this

running into a brick wall, I am going to opt-out and send to

another expert who has his own service business

If you cannot get me the info I would rather not spend any money at that point and not thinking I should have to pay the $46 to this point for no information.
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 9 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

All those are listed in the labor guide a 0.0 with a note. They are shop specific for each shop has their own service times for those services. They will bases it on the type of machine, then do an estimate for how long it takes to do the inspection, oil, filters, hydraulic fluid checks/fills/filters/fluid recycle and cleaning, greasing, and wash down. I will show you the note from the labor guide on how they don't have the actual times on any of the machines.

I will copy and paste the actual note from the labor guide on the Dozer for example. It is also why Wayne ran into roadblocks when trying to get that response for the shops set the rates, not CAT on those tasks.

COMP JOB MOD QTY Code Description
1348 044 Engine Oil, Drain & Refill - Hours Based
Notes:  Claim this code as actual reasonable repair time.
Time Includes: D8R
0.0
Drain & Refill 0.0
Drain & Refill Engine Oil

Drain & Refill Hydraulic Oil

Inspect & Grease Tracks & Components

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy, I feel there should be a "time standard" for each service. I was a tech for a Caterpillar dealership for 17 years and a service manager for the past 11. I had access to ERLG time standards for warranty repairs. I feel there has to be something like that as a guide for the services. Komatsu who I work for now has a really good guide for the various services.
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 8 months ago

CAT doesn't. They set that up to the shops and do that on the warranty dcs for warranty coverages, but once the warranty is up, they are gone. Warranty always is lower than the actual. For the warranty times, I will need serial numbers for each of the machines for they can't be accessed now unless there is a serial to look it up. CAT SIS changed the system around last year and it isn't as user friendly as it used to be.

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 7 months ago

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?

I went another route and got my questions answered by another vendor. I had a tight dead line that I had to meet on these quotes.

Thanks for the reply.