Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How many hours on my D6R cat can i expect to run without…

How many hours on...

How many hours on my D6R cat can i expect to run without engine transmission and undercarriage overhaul

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CAT D6R DOZER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I AM BUYING ONE WITH 12500 H I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AS FAR AS OVERHAUL 2008 MODEL 12500HOURS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

TEH MACHINE APPEARS IN GOOD CONDITION

11/18/2017
cat_engines_only

This can vary for different serial numbers.

Most engines will go past 12,000 easily if proper maintenance is done. Some can go 15,000 up to 20,000 if working conditions are light. (This is rare though.)

Transmissions can go out to about 25,000 if serviced but, the torque converter may become too weak after 15,000. Again it depends on working conditions and operator abuse.

The undercarriage is entirely dependent on work conditions and type of material it is working. Standard tracks can require a pin and bushing turn in less than 1000 hours if working beach sand. If you have System One tracks, they can last up to 6000 hours working under normal conditions.

If you are looking for more details, I will need the complete machine serial number to provide better details for specific engines.

Please let me know if this is helpful for you.

cat_engines_only