Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

1991 UD 1800 brake lite switch location and replacement. UD

1991 UD 1800 brake lite...
1991 UD 1800 brake lite switch location and replacement
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: UD 1800 Turbo CME GVW 17,460
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes the brake lites are staying on thought the switch might be stuck
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: serial # JNAME97J9MGH60193
11/18/2017
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** me a few to review your info.

Test the brake switch for continuity and if it is showing continuity through the switch it is sticking. Test in both the open and closed positions. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
where is the switch located
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I gave my cell # I don't have service here landline #(###) ###-####

If you want a call you will have to send over a link for it so it is credited.

Look on the brake pedal for the switch.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I found it had to look from the other side of the steering column the tab on the brake petal has a hole in it that the switch actuator goes thru. the tab will not push the actuator in have you heard of one wearing a hole in the tab also does the steering column swing down for access to the switch

Thanks for the update. Are you able to manually engage the switch to get the lights to work?

Daniel Wilson
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the lites work they stay on all the time I looked for the switch yesterday on the brake petal side of the steering column you can only see it from the left side. I can push the switch the switch with a screwdriver and they go out. I guess the switch wore that hole thru the tab that works the switch I will need to get another petal or weld up that hole thanks for your help

Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson