Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am having problems with I think it's the transmission or…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems with I think it's the transmission or hydraulic system when I am running on soft ground it seems to lose a lot of power

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok cool

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed fuel filters fuel lines thinking it was fuel the problem that is it it's a 2016 6500 HP harlo forklift

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it seems that when I am operating the machine trying to go forward and then automatically going on reverse it seems it goes too slow I have to go to back in neutral then shift again and it'll automatically start flowing as normal

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. To check if there is an internal failure occurring check the oil condition and level for discoloration, low level, burnt smell or color, etc. also check in the filter or drain oil after servicing to see if there is any sign of metal/debris that would flag a failure occurring. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. We can follow up as needed.]\

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.