Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2002 Ford Excursion 2wd with a 5.4 engine and

Customer Question
130,000 miles. I purchased it...
I have a 2002 Ford Excursion 2wd with a 5.4 engine and 130,000 miles. I purchased it in May and have been dealing with an issue with it ever since. First I will tell you what I have already done to it.
Purchased 4 brand new tires
Front End Alignment
New Passenger Tie Rod
New shocks all the way around
New brake rotors all the way around
New brake pads all the way around
Have had tires balanced 3 times
The problem I am having is a severe vibration. It will vibrate so bad the steering wheel and your hand can be visibly seen shaking. It starts it at about 45mph and gets severe at 65mph. It will intermittently stop the vibrations for a few minutes and then start back up. It does it on all types of roads. I have looked at the U-Joints and Center Bearing and they appear to be tight. I feel like the next step would be to replace the U-Joints and Center Bearing and have the Drive Shaft balanced. Any suggestions or ideas? I am open to anything.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/17/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

I was going to say , have it balanced, the weight may have fallen off

and yes as long as you have it out ,Replace U-Joints

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ??Please remember to rate my answeror the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne