Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Getting a 12 8 code. Seemed to Have lack of power. Smoke,

Customer Question
Getting a 12 8...

Getting a 12 8 code. Seemed to Have lack of power. Smoke, maybe coolant burning coming out of ac vents, Stop Engine light comes on if a wait a few minutes any try to drive away. Water temp seems to be staying around 200. Some dripping underneath. This is a front end diesel RV isb2 5.9L

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Had turned replaced by Freightliner maybe 12-18 mo's ago. BTW. Code is an ECU code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turbo replaced that is.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

128 is not the fault code. It means engine ECM... You need to scroll to the next page for the code numbers. Please post the codes

Radiator coolant overflow bucket Broke and lost all coolant. Towed to repair shop. Thanks for follow up.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need more help and if not we can get this closed out for you.

Ok to close out