Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am getting DPF fuel pressure voltage and EGR delta

Customer Question
I am getting DPF...

I am getting DPF fuel pressure voltage and EGR delta pressure and fuel delivery pressure codes on a 2012 pack at motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2012 587 peterbilt with the Paccar motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it’s been in the shop almost every week for about 2 months. They have replaced the EGR valve. The Dosier valve. Along with a piece of flex pipe coming off the turbo and the Ambient air sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. They are always able to do a Manual regent at the shop when I take it in but then after about(###) ###-####miles of running I get the same codes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know. We can follow up as needed.

I just need ideas on what it could be. The local shop doesn’t seem to know what’s going on.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Thanks for the update. Sure, I will be glad to help. What are the fault code numbers you have logged in the ECM? Paccar codes usually start with a P....

I don’t have the software to pull the codes. It’s saying DPF fuel pressure voltage, EGR delta pressure, and Fuel Delivery pressure. And it derates my motor
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Yes, The actual fault code numbers are what is needed to access the troubleshooting procedure for each code number.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Only one of the 10+ index's for the MX13

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

If the dosier is new and no leaks or restrictions but showing low pressure it could be a sensor or software related issue

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

If the EGR and delta pressure sensor is new and the wiring is good this also can be software related.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Verify your actual fuel pressures are in specs or if the sensor or wiring are causing false readings and if not try updating and reflashing the ECM software then see if the problem resolves.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I have no way of giving you the code numbers. Just tired of them doing a forced regen at the shop and then sending me on my way. The last two weeks the truck will run for about(###) ###-####miles after I get it out of the shop then all those codes pop back up.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

thanks for the update. Have they reflashed the software in the ECM back to factory settings with the most current updates? that is what I would have done if they have confirmed all repairs are made and no issues found

That I don’t know. Does that need to be done after new parts are added? Because I had a peterbilt dealership put on the new parts but I no longer use them for my work because they didn’t seem to know what was going on with stuff.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Not always. It is done if repairs are made and the system wont reset properly after a regen. It is done a s sometimes there are software issues that can cause these issues.