Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I HAVE 2008 HINO 338 ENGINE THE TRUCK HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP…

Customer Question
I HAVE 2008 HINO...

I HAVE 2008 HINO 338 ENGINE THE TRUCK HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP AND LOOK AT BY 3 MECHANIC. ONE PUT IN SPEED SENSOR 2MECHANIC ONE INJECTOR PUMP AND TOOK OUT THE TRASMISSON. 3 MECHANIC HAS CHANGE ALL 6 INJECTOR PLUS ALMOST EVERY SENSOR YOU CAN THINK OF CAN YOU HELP THANK YOU

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

5PVNV8JT672S50713 MODEL 338

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN ITS GET HOT OR UNDER A LOAD LIKE IN DRIVE OR THE PTO IS ON

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
I have not herd from a mechanic yet
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Did you get my first reply . I LAKE TO NO WHAT YOUR expertise on that is
I'm not going to keep paying money here the trucks over at my mechanics and so you know if you can't tell me what you think it could be possible be then I think we're finished here
When you guys can't reply to my first questions I gave you about my truck honestly I think this is a scam I think this is just a nether way rip off people it took you next day and you told me nothing
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

His, Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site like yourself. You post a question with a deposit to the site. Your question goes on a board for "logged in" professionals to view. When someone grabs your question they are initially volunteering their time to help and only get credit for their time on positive feedback or accepted answers. So since you asked this on the 15th and I, the guy who was logged in on the 16th, reached out to you to begin helping you, wanted to be sure you still needed help instead of wasting time looking up info and working on your problem if you were already squared away. Make sense? I have a repair business and log in as time allows so I can gladly opt out and pass this onto others to view if you like. I see you posted what 3 techs did already and it only does it under a load or hot but you failed to post what "it" is or the symptom you are getting. Let me know what it is doing...

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Here is all the site is giving me for info:

"I HAVE 2008 HINO 338 ENGINE THE TRUCK HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP AND LOOK AT BY 3 MECHANIC. ONE PUT IN SPEED SENSOR 2MECHANIC ONE INJECTOR PUMP AND TOOK OUT THE TRASMISSON. 3 MECHANIC HAS CHANGE ALL 6 INJECTOR PLUS ALMOST EVERY SENSOR YOU CAN THINK OF CAN YOU HELP THANK YOU

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

5PVNV8JT672S50713 MODEL 338

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN ITS GET HOT OR UNDER A LOAD LIKE IN DRIVE OR THE PTO IS ON "

IT ONLY DOES WHAT?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

What fault codes are logged in the ECM memory?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?