Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

What is the minimum temperature of the engine coolant

What is the minimum...

What is the minimum temperature of the engine coolant required to start the engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cummins generator model GGMA-1337785 serial J130573328

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

What we have found is that the block heaters are cooking off the coolant and they are also burning up frequently. We would like to install a thermo cube to turn the block heater on at 35 degrees and off at 45 degrees but not sure if that is too cold to start reliably.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it. Thanks

11/15/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

you want it to turn on at 40 degree, and off at 45

Also to make this much easier to start , change you oil to Synthetic

then you can go to the 35 /45

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne

HI

I took the time to answer you

Please take the time to respond to Me

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne, Journeyman