Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2011 mack cxu613 mp8 getting codes: SA 0 SPN

Customer Question
I have a 2011 mack...

I have a 2011 mack cxu613 mp8 getting codes : SA 0

SPN 1072/3675/647/4811/4813/1265. and all of them FMI 4

Only spn 4811 FMI 2

They come at once

Red stop  and yellow check engine light

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago

Yes Dan thank you for taking my question l still need help with this

But now the code i have left is sa 0 spn3675 fmi 4 (ECMSPN3675,EngineTurbocharger Compressor Bypass Valve Position)

And sa0 spn 4811 fmi 4

SPN4811,Engine Piston Cooling Oil Pressure

Oil pressure sensor is new!!

By the way it happened so many times before i stop shuts off wait few minutes red engine lights goes away

All codes clear but the 4811 and 3675

Last time it took 2 hours for red light to clear

Since all this started engine burb every once in a while

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago

ECM SPN 3675, Engine Turbocharger Compressor Bypass Valve Position
– MID 128 PPID 330

FMI 4 • Voltage below
normal, or shorted
to low source
• Short circuit -
• Valve constantly
activated
• MIL illuminated
• Yellow Check
lamp illuminated
• Major engine
derate
• Exhaust manifold
overheating
• Engine shut down

Possible causes:

• Faulty bypass valve solenoid
• Faulty harness
• Faulty harness connector

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago

ECM SPN 4811, Engine Piston Cooling Oil Pressure – MID 128 PPID 8

FMI 4 • Voltage below
normal, or shorted
to low source
• Circuit shorted –
• Open circuit

Possible causes:

Faulty sensor

faulty harness

Check the wiring harness and test continuity, shorts and open circuits if the sensor is new and tests good.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and letme know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago

I know what evry code means my question is where and what DO I Check when they comes all at once

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 27 days ago

Hi David, You would inspect the wiring for damage between the sensor and ECM and use your OHM meter to test continuity of the sensor wiring for each sensor and if the wiring tests and looks good without damage you would replace the faulty sensor. In a rare case that both the sensor and wiring are good it could be an internal ECM or software issue.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 23 days ago

Hi David, Are you a technician? Do you own a Volt/OHM meter and understand DC electrical theory and how to use a test meter? Because to a technician the info I posted is pretty basic and self explanatory and even give possible causes. Your volt OHM meter is then used to test for open circuits and shorts but if you do not know the basic understanding of OHMs law or DC electrical I can understand how this could be confusing.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 23 days ago

What part of this is confusing to you as maybe I can clarify it for you?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago

I wouldn't ask for "professional " help if i would have to check all the wires and sensors and ecm software

All codes come together at once

Any specific hint

No General suggestions

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 23 days ago

So as a "professional" I test to corner the problem rather than guess and throw parts at it. So in this case if they all occur at once I suspect either a shorted wiring harness in an area of the harness where those circuits could be shorted together. That is a visual inspection for chafed wires and then using your OHM meter to text continuity between wires to be sure there is continuity through the wire from one end to the other and not across to another wire indicating a short between those sensor circuits. If okay the final common link is the ECM and where it is random I would either try a known good test ECM or have the existing reprogrammed and the software updated. That is where "diagnostic time" comes into play before "repair time" That also separates a parts changer from a technician.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 23 days ago

If you are not aware but you may be since you have been a member since Feb 4 2015, Professionals are not employees of the site and we can follow up as needed. Our time is credited by the site on accepted answers and positive feedback. I gave you all code definitions and possible causes and the common link between these faults since they happen all at once. Do you have all the information you need or is there still some confusion? Please take a moment to reconsider your rating as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It is my goal to give 5 star service and accurate information. It is also my goal to track customer abuse of the site if a customer is getting correct information/ industry wide known information and shows a history of abusing the site refund and rating policy to get free information. I wouldnt think that this is the case here though . I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson