Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Is there a chance of talking to one of the mechanics I just…

Customer Question
Is there a chance...

Is there a chance of talking to one of the mechanics I just bought a sc252 grinder and I have a few questions.(###) ###-#### Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cannot find Model num. but have vin. 1vrn071f351010041

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes has almost new motor runs great I think the teeth are not right it only has two straight teeth and it saws instead of grinds there is some play in the pivot but not bad I owned an older larger vermeer grinder some time ago and this grinder found me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a set tool and ideas on what teeth I should use.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/13/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is ***** ***** be glad to try to help. Have you done any work on this in attempt to correct this such as new teeth, etc? Let me know more details on what has been done so far.

If this is going to cost more money I am not interested. but if I am paid up for the month it had new teeth when I bought it I put new belts from the motor to the first pulley and changed oil and filter, hydro fluid is clean and put new filter on anyway.