Medium and Heavy Trucks

Connect one-on-one with a verified technician who will answer your question

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

More related answers
All technicians are VERIFIED
I have a 1999 peterbilt, 387 day cab with the eaton 13 speed
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
I have a 1999 peterbilt, 387 day cab with the eaton 13 speed transmission. When the transmission is in the higher gears, it doesn't shift the hi lo individually with the thumb shifter, any suggestions… read more
98 PETERBILT, the speedometer works but shows no speed on
Andy, truck /coach technician
98 PETERBILT, the speedometer works but shows no speed on the computer, cruise does not set. … read more
I have a 4 wire speed sensor. One set of wires plugs in and
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson, Auto Mechanics 1&2/diesel mech
I have a 4 wire speed sensor. One set of wires plugs in and goes by air cleaner on passenger side of truck. Where does the other one go … read more
Changing transmission are the airlines hooked up the same on
Daniel Wilson
Changing transmission are the airlines hooked up the same on A-5013 as on a187 18B … read more
I installed used RTO 1661B super 10 2015 mfg. date. Ran and
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
I installed used RTO 1661B super 10 2015 mfg. date. Ran and shifted perfect 4 days. Suddenly jumped out of 10 gear and started grinding noise. Drove home in 6th the shifter from low side to 7th high s… read more
I need help for changing a transmission in a Peterbilt 379
FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Comercial transport technician
I need help for changing a transmission in a Peterbilt 379 going from a 10 speed to a 13 speed I had 2 airlines to the sifter now I have 4 can you help me with the diagram for the shifter air lines?… read more
No air to the shifter knob. 2017 peterbilt glider 389 with
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
yes taken front valve off and the lines off he knob … read more
Have a 9 speed transmission in 2012 587 Peterbilt has a
Jim
Jim, Diesel tech.
Have a 9 speed transmission in 2012 587 Peterbilt has a Cummings motor in it we want to change it to 13 speed what will be the out come of that move?… read more
I have a 2007 379 peterbilt with a gh lift gate and I'm
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Hello I have a 2007 379 peterbilt with a high lift gate and I'm having problem with the gate not lifting all the way up. Can you tell me what might be the problem? I would really appreciate it. Thx Je… read more
1994 Peterbilt 379 with 60 series Detroit diesel- The brake
Andy, truck /coach technician
1994 Peterbilt 379 with 60 series Detroit diesel- The brake lights only come on if I step on the brakes real hard. If I am using the brakes to slow down not stepping on them hard, they do not come one… read more
Have an eatin fuller 10 speed. Shifter won't go into low
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
Have an eatin fuller 10 speed. Shifter won't go into low range. Leaks are in neutral high/or low. Will stop leaking air if put in gear/ shifter high. found the leak. From inside cab removed the cover … read more
I have and eaton fuller 9 speed transmission that will not
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
I have and eaton fuller 9 speed transmission that will not shift to the high side I shift like a dream until.I flip the range selector..then it feels like it's in neutral..it did this all the sudden w… read more
with trans. in direct truck will not move like it is in neutral
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
with trans. in direct truck will not move like it is in neutral go to overdrive truck moves then shift from low to high will not shift till you put trans back to direct then it will shift into high bu… read more
Peterbilt 386: I have 3rd generation raton auto shift transmission
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
I have 3rd generation raton auto shift transmission on a 2008 Peterbilt truck. I was wondering if this transmission can be converted to manual.… read more
18 speed eaton fuller transmission grinding and bucking on
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
18 speed eaton fuller transmission grinding and bucking on the high side like it wants to throw the stick out of gear. I can use the split and stay on the high side of the splitter and everything is f… read more
I change my transmission and tire size now I need to figure
Toby
Toby, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I change my transmission and tire size now I need to figure how to calibrate my speedometer can anyone tell me how I can set the switches on the back of speedometer… read more
I own a 1997 Peterbilt,379-B (short nose /hood)Cat 3406 (
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
I own a 1997 Peterbilt,379-B (short nose /hood) Cat 3406 ( has ECM ) 18 speed trans. Last week i had the tranny rebuilt ( truck in shop mon. Tues wed , back to work with it on Thursday.) On Friday eve… read more
I have no low or high range. with overdrive i have high rang
Daniel Wilson
I have no low range. I have no high range unless I engage the overdrive.it's an 84 kenworth with an eaton fuller 9 speed trans with overdrive… read more