Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have M2 series Freightliner with Jaco RV. I have a 6h33…

Customer Question
I have M2 series Freightliner...
I have M2 series Freightliner with Jaco RV. I have a 6h33 code. Hazard blinker only works left front, headlight only works left front. Running lights works on all lights. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
I have checked all fuses and they are good. I have checked all connections behind my Jensen multifunctional module.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/11/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Bryan

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting with this issue today

what you are describing is it lost ground to left side

run a temp jumper to the ground at the head light

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

I also forgot to mention no brake lights either

Hi Thank you for that

both sides are out,or just the left

The headlights work both sides. The only the blinker that works is left front. When I turn four ways on, only left front works. No brake lights
No right blinker in any setting normal or 4 way

Thank you for that

Reason I asked you mentioned left head light works

so head lights work both sides

I still think you have aground issue

run jumper wire to the Turn/ switch

On steering column?

HI

NO, I said that wrong I meant to rear light

I have power to the rear lights only when headlights are on. No power for blinkers in either normal or hazards

Thank you for that

Well that is saying the turn signal switch is at fault

you will need to replace that

I get the different turn signals showing in the gauge cluster
The turn signal is also causing the no brake light issue as well?

HI

Yes the circuit runs thru T/S also for the brakes

Ok I will look into getting one

Your well come

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

My wife followed me and she said my third brake light in the center but the others do not. Do you still think it’s the blinker module?

Hi Brian

Thank you for the reply

did you say you change the bulbs??

If 3rd brake light is working, I suggest to replace the bulbs

or check the socket

Also only left side driving light works tail lights work tow dolly running lights work but again no brake lights or turn signal on car dolly. I’m certain ALL my lights can’t be burnt out.

Hi Brian

Then replace the switch

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

I ordered the part and should be here Friday. I won’t be able to install part until after Thanksgiving. I will give feedback after part is installed. I appreciate all the help so far

OK Thank you

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

I just installed new switch and the same problem

Hi Bryan

Thank you for the response

so you still have no brake light s on tow Car ??

Correct only left front blinker comes on with hazard on and only left front blinker when using turn switch. All other blinker lights are non operational

Thank you Bryan

You have a ground issue, I suggest t o run a jumper

to that light and see if it works

If it’s a ground issue it is causing all of the blinkers except left front from working. That also includes all of the brake lights. When I turn the running lights or headlights on I hear the relay click for power. On the gauge cluster the green lights blink for the right and hazards but the actual blinkers do not blink except for left one

Morning Bryan

Did you try the ground as I suggested ??

you are saying start with a ground jumper on the right blinker and see if the blinker works? Wouldn’t the the yellow light that is part of the running light system use the same ground as the blinker?

Hi

not always , they have separate grounds

it could be a bad socket

I just don’t understand why there is no power to multiple lights all at once. If just one light I would agree to run a ground to that particular light. I think there must be a common ground for all of the inoperable lights or some type of relay/ power problem

Hi Bryan

I will opt-out of this question

maybe another expert can shed more light on this issue

Do not reply or rate me as question gets locked back to me

Do I get a refund?
Will he see all of our conversation?