Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am trying to find a hood assist for a 379 pete ex hood…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find a hood assist for a 379 pete ex hood could not find the one wayne talked about at panapacific do you know of any other aiso could you convert the air one from a eary 359 ex hood to the 359

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a 359 ultra cab 379 ex hood 457214

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/11/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.Do you currently have a hood assist installed or would this be a new installation?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Click this link for an aftermarket OEM cylinder replacement if replacing an existing. Let me know

Assist Cylinder

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

It would be a new installment 379 did not come with power assist
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Thanks for the update. there is no reason you can't adapt it to the 379. Click below

Hood assist

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.