Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I'm working on a 2005 c15 pete with mxs engine, it's has…

Customer Question
I'm working on a 2005...
I'm working on a 2005 c15 pete with mxs engine, it's has extremely heavy steam coming out the blow by tube to the point of dropping water (not dropping any oil) the water doesn't have a sweet smell or taste. I've changed the water pump, everything looked good in there besides a little black sludge in the divertor valve. I've done a bubble test on it when it was at operating temp. I've changed all injector cups and o-rings also cut the water off to the compressor and no change. The inside of the engine is extremely clean(it's strange like maybe diesel was in the oil) it's not "making oil" either. Also no oil in the water. I'm stumped where could this steam be coming from. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/11/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Kenneth

I 'm Wayne

I will be helping you with this issue today

Sorry to say , Head Gasket

what you are describing is a head gasket starting to leak,

I have seen this before ,This will cause the Steam you are describing

That may have been the little black sludge in the valve

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wouldn't the head gasket push compression in the cooling system? It doesn't smoke or anything so I wouldn't think it would be going out the exhaust. Also it's not using any coolant.

Hi Kenneth

Thank you for your response

not always get coolant pressure

the steam s coming from the combustion

it is building up, in the crank case

I hope this helps you

Morning
Just following up with you
did my answer help you ??
Please remember to rate my answer
or the money you paid stays at JA
and I get nothing for my time

Morning Kenneth

How you doing with this issue

Let me know, Please