Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

It won't start back up. Oil pressure gauge at or around 0,

Customer Question
It won't start back...

It won't start back up. Oil pressure gauge at or around 0

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Kw t700 2013 paccar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just trouble shooting myself before roadside gets here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

All the lights are on. The key turns in the on position goes thru checks but won't turn over.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
The oil pressure gauge when you turn the ignition switch on goes to one. Checked oil and levels look good.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/11/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 5 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with is today

are you saying it cranks over , but no start ??

do you get smoke from exhaust

Not that i could see. It has the DEF aftertreatment on it.
Im afraid that my turbo could be out.

Thank you for the response

After treatment has nothing to do with start up

just cranks , or not crank ??

No crank
Switch into the on position but wont turn over
Oil pressure gauge at goes to one
Could be the starter

Hi

Thank you for all the good info

go to the starter, jump the small terminal to the

the battery terminal on the starter , it should crank over , key on and start

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to jumpstart it with

Hi

all you need is a piece of metal /wire o a screw driver

just to make contact

Morning
Just following up with you
did my answer help you ??
Please remember to rate my answer
or the money you paid stays at JA
and I get nothing for my time

Wayne, Journeyman