Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am having a similiar problem i have a 908H serial LMD02076…

Customer Question
I am having a similiar...
I am having a similiar problem i have a 908H serial LMD02076
It has the high range option
the problem is that it will not shift into speed 1 of the low range, when I press the button on the joystick, the dash displays gear 1 or gear 2 but it does not actually shift down to speed 1, it wont climb a trailer ramp and it goes 12 mph in speed 1, it goes from high range to low range without problem. I have changed the solenoid on the piston pump. ???
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Technician: cat_engines_only, Other replied 8 months ago
cat_engines_only

Hello, I was looking for a way four you to view fault codes related to this issue but, I do not see any other way to troubleshoot for fault codes on this machine without the CAT ET service program and communications adapters. Without knowing the actual fault codes this will be hard to find.

However, I have a guide that may help you check some items that prevent shifting.

Follow the attached guide and hopefully, you will find the cause of your trouble. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-axL8ywdM1J8FkmZu9ips0pJ-iG772aP

You are looking at the wrong area, as I said it is not the range selector that has the problem. hi and low range work fine, it is the speed 1 and speed 2 in low range that does not work,

Ok, thanks for the info. Like I mentioned earlier, it will be hard to pinpoint the issue without the actual codes. These machines are very rare in my area and I normally don't work on the "minis" so, I will OPT-OUT for others to see your question and can help you better.