Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Rigmaster starts runs then dies code engine start failure.

Rigmaster starts runs then dies...
Rigmaster starts runs then dies code engine start failure
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Perkins RMP 14-6 11827
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New speed senor installed will run when fuel solenoid jumped
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will we get answer? You sent thing for FEEDBACK and you haven't answer our question and I had to pay $46
Answered in 1 day by:
10/23/2017
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so what are the fault code numbers?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We told answered that with other assistant, engine start failure

Error Code 7
Engine Start Failure

Engine did not start. Automatic start is disabled until operator presses select button.
 Bad glow plug relay
 Bad starter relay
 Failed glow plug
 Lack of fuel

Error Code 4
Engine Run Failure
Engine started but did not run properly. Manual start attempts can occur.
 Speed sensor adjustment
 Damaged speed sensor wiring
 Failed speed sensor
Error Code 5
Low Coolant/
Engine Overheated
Engine will not run until temperature becomes normal or coolant level is at full.
 Low coolant
 High Engine Temperature
 Failed Temperature or Coolant Level Switch
 Damaged Wiring

Check for the above things and let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Changed glow plug relay changed starter relay updated speed sensor electronic jumped fuel solenoid then will run 0hmed fuel solenoid wire checks ok

No other fault codes for coolant or oil pressure, etc?

Be sure the coolant level is good and oil and coolant sensor wiring and sensors are good. if not there should be a code if that is why it is cutting out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No low pressure codes all levels correct

Verify the ECU is not loosing IGN power or ground to it causing these shutdowns. Check all wiring and grounds and test the IGN switch power both in and out as well and for loose/damaged connections in the wire harness.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you mean IGN switch?

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to ignition power to and from the controller. You would need to test the input and output voltages. Possible faulty controller or software related issue if all other electrical sensors and switches check okay.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay didn't think about controller being bad. Will check when get in from freight trip. Thanks

Click on this link for some help with the pinouts, etc.

Troubleshooting

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson