Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a c15 6nz engine and I had to put 3 gallons of

I have a c15...

I have a c15 6nz engine and I had to put 3 gallons of antifreeze on the engine on 4000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a kenworth w900l 856637

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I know its mixing with oil and want to know if its ok to run it home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had a water pump installed new and oil cooler, could that by any chance was a faulty one

Am I connected?
10/20/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

I suggest you get the oil changed as soon as possible

to avoid bearing failure

Yes a oil cooler will cause this

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

If I get the oil changed how far can I go, I’m. 400 miles left
To get home

HI

Do it now,

your good to go home

Where is the peep hole located on the waterpump I was told that could get blocked and cause this

Hi

that is not a peep hole, rather it is a Weep hole

it is located at the bottom of the pump shaft

Hi

Also that would not cause, reason being it weeps out

if blocked , it would go back into cooling system

not the oil pan, it is for when the seal fails

Ok I just want to rule out everything before overhaul, I was told that the compressor could leak antifreeze into the oil. I ask because a mechanic is going to be eager to say that the engine needs overhaul

Hi

YES , Compressor can cause this

the only way to check is take off the air discharge

line, pinch off the coolant lines or join them (best way)

then run engine at 1200 RPM for hour or so, see if it starts to drop

does your engine Temp go up and down ??

a little bit

Thank you for that

if it goes up and down , like in 5 minute period, it is

a Head Gasket

When its flat its steady, but in hills goes up, but that was when I noticed that it had ran low in antifreeze. Now it seems to be cooling better with the antifreeze toped

HI

OK steady, no coolant and even temp , no Head gasket issue

I go after the oil cooler, after you check the compressor

Ok thanks

Your welcome

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

Good morning, yes it was helpful, now I just need to know is it leaking from, if I dont get white smoke from muffler, whats the most possible cause or whats the most common issue with this problem. Thxs

Morning

that is a lot of coolant, so I go back to say the air compressor

then the oil cooler

Wayne, Journeyman
Ok I hope so is one of the two thxs

Welcome

and thank you

Wayne, Journeyman