Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 gmc t 7500 with Isuzu motor. heavy black smoke from…

2007 gmc t 7500 with...
2007 gmc t 7500 with Isuzu motor. heavy black smoke from exhaust when accelerate. worse under load, after a few seconds it begins to clear up but still light amount of black smoke. comes back wen ever you try to accelerate. checked turbo seems clear and clean checked charge air pipes all clear up to intake. performed complete pm service but no change. old oil looked ok. no check engine light. has 130k on engine.
10/18/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

this is a common issue on the Isuzu engine

The injectors failed and over fueling

sorry to say, but they need to be replaced

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

ok very expensive but perhaps correct diag. I was looking for further diagnostics to be sure. any other things you can think of before I invest a few grand into injectors? just to rule out some simpler things like a map sensor? black smoke is due to too much fuel as compared to the air volume. im with you on the injectors but sure would like to rule out simpler less costly things first

Hi

I have worked with you several times in the past

always with good results

other the a blocked air intake, no

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my.

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, Journeyman
good enough for me ill keep you posted