Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Jeremy please, I'm thinking about buying and storing a used…

Jeremy please, I'm thinking about buying...
Jeremy please,
I'm thinking about buying and storing a used 444E 7.3L as a spare instead of waiting on an expensive rebuilt when mine with 375,000 miles already finally dies.
Looks like I found a good one from a 2002 for $1,800 out of a fleet of school uses that were traded in.
Will any 7.3l 444E from any year fit my 1999 international or do I need to be specific?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I would suggest sticking to around the 1997 to 2001 years. 2002 has a few changes which will require some reprogramming of the modules to work in your bus because of some minor changes with the injectors. The blocks are the same so if you wanted to just swap the injectors over you can use any of the years close to yours. 2002 there are some small changes to the injectors with the timing to meet the 2002 EPA rules and there is a small change on the High Pressure Oil Pump fitting, but that's really it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

That is what it should have read

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Ok great to know! These Ebay guys don't care what they sell you because they know when they get their $$$$ there's no returns!!

Yep, I agree. I see it often on there. Anytime I buy off there, I check thoroughly when I get the item before rating or anything so if there is an issue, I can contact eBay if the seller won't take the defective item back. I've gotten screwed a few times where the fine print listed a crack in a head or the fine print list a broken wire. Like anything else, just have to be cautious.

Good to know!

That's why I'm here. :-)

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician