Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have purchased a new truck that has a 2017 Cummins X15…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a new truck that has a 2017 Cummins X15 performance series engine. Should I be using 15w 40 or 10w 30 oil. The sticker on the frame rail say factory filled with Delo 400

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Engine serial # 79988198

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/4/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. 15W 40 is the best all around but in extreme harsh cold winter you can run 10W 30 if there is a problem. Let me know