Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

We have an 04 UD 1800 CS that's blowing raw diesel out the…

Customer Question
We have an 04...

We have an 04 UD 1800 CS that's blowing raw diesel out the tail pipe. Changed the 4 injectors and a no go there. Can't find any glow plugs,are there any? Can an injection pump be causing to much pressure and blowing fuel past the injector when not firing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okey dokey

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't scan the ecm. Says there's no presents of 12 or 24v at the OBD connector. No blown fuses found and the engine light is on. Using a snap-on solus

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/3/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

no, no glow plugs it has a heat mat in intake

what you are describing is a valve issue, burned valve

I suggest to pull the head

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne