Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wayne spoke with you yesterday about this mack I am working…

Customer Question
Wayne spoke with you yesterday...
Wayne spoke with you yesterday about this mack I am working on when it gets hot it will not start- I installed the one way check valve in-line to inlet suction side of the filter head and that didn't fix my problem
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/3/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Morning

so you have it between fuel pump and filter,correct

no fuel tank and filter
no way of putting one between fuel pump and filter because its a solid plastic line with banjo fittings at put and weird fittings at filter which is secondary filter then goes on to motor
but if that is where you think I am losing prime will have to make something work to get a check valve in between those two
it goes from the primer pump side of filter head filter to the pump then the pump to the secondary filter to engine if I am correct so what side of the pump does it need to be on the suction side of pump or pressure side out of pump?

Hi

That is where it needs to go

Hi

Stick to this question, don't open new ones or you will get extra charges

not sure if you meant suction side to pump or pressure side out of pump

Hi

you want it to inlet side of Primary filter

so it does not drain back to the tank

ok that is where I have it now but that is not between pump and filter
I have it in line from tank to inlet side on primary filter

Hi

OK, for grins run a separate line from a fresh container of fuel

to filter, see if that cures the issue

already tried that ran line right to pump from jug and didn't fix problem ran line to filter housing out of jug didn't fix problem

HI

OK, I am out of ideas here

let me ponder on this

Morning

I did not forget about you

I just can not see any other thing to try