Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2004 Mack vision CX613 pushing coolant from the…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Mack...
I have a 2004 Mack vision CX613 pushing coolant from the overflow tank. Truck doesn’t run hot. Usually around 180-190 degrees.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 3 days by:
10/6/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this?

please.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Thanks for the update. Here are a few things to start with and we can follow up as needed. Check that the air compressor is not pushing air into the cooling system, check for signs of coolant in air system or engine oil, check for white smoke and rough running for possible head gasket or compression pushing past into the cooling system. Do a block tester test you can buy at most auto parts stores with the blue dye to check for combustion gas in the cooling system. Let me know

Click below

Block tester

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.