Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have 1989 Volvo semi and I have warning going off. It is…

Customer Question
I have 1989 Volvo...

I have 1989 Volvo semi and I have warning going off. It is the bottom one. It came on when the water pump belt broke and the engine got hot. I have since replaced all belts and topped off the radiator. I have noticed that it doesn't come on until the oil pressure goes up.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

I don't know how old the oil pump is. If the bot***** *****ght is the check engine light then yes it is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '89 Volvo?

I think it is a WG

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the belts and filled the water reservoir and also shorted across the water level switch.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 6 days by:
10/9/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 10 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have already fixed the problem

Thanks. I will let customer service know for you so you can have this refunded/closed.