Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I got dd15 on western star 2011vin #5KJJAEDRXBPBD4646 this…

Customer Question
I got dd15 on western...
I got dd15 on western star 2011vin #5KJJAEDRXBPBD4646 this motor crank but no start if I put a little of start fluid start and keep running fine all day until you shut off and again if want start need to put little start fluid already change fuel filters and check for codes with ddrs I see wen crank don’t raise fuel compensation pressure any ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/2/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Fuel draining back to tank after shutdown? Quick test, take a pair of locking pliers and when truck is shutdown , use the pliers and pinch off the suction line from the tank, in AM, remove the pliers and see if truck will start. If truck starts, you know it is drain back problem. The 60 series uses a check valve in the fuel system, bit it may not be sealing. You can repair it, or add a second fuel check valve in the line from the tank.

This is no s60 serie?
This is DD 15 2011 and got fuel filter on the frame clear buble and there is a check valve so already check that is no flow back to fuel tank
Are you still help me

DD15 is same as 60 series. , just later model. So you don't think it is returning to tank? My thought is the check valve is not holding.

I take out the main primary hose supply on the fuel filter there you got a check valve and you can see the fuel on the clear bubble and no fuel is come back for check valve and the filter don’t empty wen take out the hose
On 12.7 s60 and on 14.0 L the check valve is on the back of the head were is on this engine?

Located in the fuel pre-filter. See link below.

I check bypass valve check ball relief valve and two stage valve all that is clean and any was stuck

I would do the test I described earlier, that will verify if it is a drain back problem.

Ok let try

OK>

I try but do it same thing if you got more ideas send to me and I try tomorrow that is for today

Test would be an overnight test.??

What more can check or do?

Did you run overnight test, with line pinched or plugged?

I leave all night wiht pliers on line and on the morning try to start and do the same thing no work

OK, so it is not going to be a drain back problem. Let me opt put and see if one of the younger guys can help. Sorry.

Why do you take the question if don’t have experience on this engine you are waste my time that no good for this web site if you charge me for this I go to call for reimbursement not good at all.