Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How much should I expect to pay for a new clutch in my 2007…

Customer Question
How much should I...

How much should I expect to pay for a new clutch in my 2007 Kenworth T800? C15 Cat Motor, 13 speed Transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2007 Kenworth T800. C15 Cat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I just want to know how much I should expect to pay to have it done.

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Heavy Truck Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I just need to know an average price for a now clutch replacement on my truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okay! Thx.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

I feel like I am being ripped off from the shop that is doing the clutch job. I want to know if the price they are quoting me is reasonble.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/2/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

From 1500 to 2000 dollars would be in the ball park. half parts, and half labor.