Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2014 JCB 260t it will not start. It does not even…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 JCB 260t it will not start. It does not even turn over. I checked the battery and tried. Boosting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Customer:(###) ###-####260t 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check battery it is at 12.6 volts and tried boosting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ran fine a month ago last time I used it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/1/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Did you remove cables and clean the battery terminals and cables? D you have battery voltage to the key switch? Any indication that key is turning anything on?

There is power fan and radio turn on. There is no key you punch in your pin code and turn the knob. I have not tried cleaning the terminals.

If you follow the posiitve battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump from the cable terminal, to the switch terminal, will starter spin engine?

Have not tried that yet.

OK>

I see question is still open.??

I see question is still open.???