Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need help a JD 250 skid steer. Will not come out of park.

Customer Question
I need help a...

I need help a JD 250 skid steer. Will not come out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will have to get that and get back to you. What are your rates for advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has been sitting for several years with a bad starter. I just replaced that. With new fuel it cranked first try. I really haven't tried anything except took the gauge panel off, saw multiple wire going into he key switch and put the panel back on. worked the seat belt a number of times, but did not use WD 40 or other lubricate. Raised the cab, saw two sets of wires and check for tightness. I now there is a seat sensor and seat belt has to be on. When it cranks, red lights are on for the parking brake and seatbelt

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/30/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

The seat belt is the key to the park brake. Get the light out, then you can see if the park brake solenoid is getting voltage to release. Seat belt switch may not be making contact, use some WD40 on it. But till you get seat belt light to go out, park brake will stay lit and not release.

I see question is still open.???